Thursday, June 28, 2007
SCOTUS
Just one quick anecdote: I was explaining to some of the girls at work about the ideological split on the U.S. Supreme Court. I lamented the fact that two of the oldest members are liberal and the two newest conservative members are only in their 50's, and Grainne said gravely, "Oh, you never know. People in high pressure jobs sometimes have massive heart attacks." Fiona and I burst out laughing and Fiona said, "Is that the hope you have for the future of American justice, Grainne?" Very reassuring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Darling granddaughter E: Funny you should write today on this subject. We have just completed reading summaries on the three Supreme Court rulings released today. Seems like the court has tilted conservative in a big way. We loved your blog today..keep up the good work (thanks for the email..can't wait to hear about your weekend adventures). We love you atwttsab! Numm and Papa
The world has come to an end...the conservatives have ruled against aff action based on race...why can't they rule that Aff Act can be a positive based on economic class...would make it seem more viable.
Personally I think that those who support these programs should make their cases along lines that are less divisive (class--socioeconomic status) and less along gender, race or age.
But what do I know?
And you are still....
My best burrita.
I love you sweetheart.
I heard that Ruth Bader zGinsberg is really a man. He has a huge belly and smokes a pipe. I don't know if that's true but it makes sense considering his decisions are so smart.
Post a Comment