Friday, August 3, 2007

New job


Well, I started my new job on Wednesday, at the Northside Community Law Centre. I am really excited about it: I am going to be updating their social welfare case database and actually drafting legal arguments on some current cases! They are keeping me busy, so if I haven't been as good about answering my emails, etc, that's why. My co-workers at FLAC organized a meeting to talk about my research, took me out to lunch, and all signed a card for me on my last day, which was very sweet. I am going to miss them.

Last night, Aoife, Olivia, and I went out on the town. (The picture above is of Aoife and me.) We went back to the Market Bar, which is where I went with my co-workers on Grainne's last day, and ate a lot of tapas and drank a lot of wine, and had a wonderful time.

This weekend is a three-day, so I am going to Galway to visit Emily Jarvis. I hope to go out exploring the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher tomorrow, and then we're going to Connemara on Sunday if all goes according to plan. I am leaving behind the book on Yugoslavia that I haven't been able to put down this week, and taking Rebecca Solnit's "Book of Migrations" on the bus with me, which is about her journey through western Ireland, so that should get me in the mood. I am looking forward to seeing Emily and being out of the city. I promise to take lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titto,

Have a wonderful trip and come back safely!!!
Western Ireland is a beautiful place.
On my two visits there we played golf at Connemara, Sligo, Donegal,
and a few other courses; so breathtaking.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Darling granddaughter Elizabeth: Numm says to tell you that we have a worry stone of Connemara marble which we keep in the sunroom. It has an idention that one places a thumb in and rubs when they are worrying!! Needless to say it gets quite a workout sometimes!! But, now, the worry stone means a great deal more to us because of you and your travels to its birthplace! We love you dearly, atwttsab! Numm and Papa