On Sunday, it rained really hard, so Emily and I had a pretty lazy day. We walked along the beach and had a long lunch and went to the movies; it was great. On Monday morning, I took the bus back to Dublin and met up with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Ellen, who were visiting from Virginia. I hadn't seen them in probably five years; I hardly ever get back to Appomattox any more. It was wonderful to visit with them, and I spent almost all day with them. We walked around Temple Bar and went to the General Post Office to inspect the bullet holes from the Easter Rising, and had an early dinner. Then we went to see a play at the Gate Theatre; it was Noel Coward's Private Lives, and I had seen it before, but it's so funny I really enjoyed watching it again.
And now I'm back to work! I just booked my ticket to London at the end of the month, and my tickets to and from Budapest, so I am all set. It is a beautiful sunny day, and I wish I were not sitting in my office! I think I'll go take a walk for the rest of my lunch break.
And now I'm back to work! I just booked my ticket to London at the end of the month, and my tickets to and from Budapest, so I am all set. It is a beautiful sunny day, and I wish I were not sitting in my office! I think I'll go take a walk for the rest of my lunch break.
No comments:
Post a Comment