The pictures above are from my visit to Howth last Sunday. Howth (rhymes with Both) is a seaside village just north of Dublin. I had hoped to take a long walk up to the summit, but it was raining on and off, so I wandered up into the village instead. That was a stroke of luck, because I stumbled on the beautiful ruins of an old abbey! The top picture is of some islands right off the coast, and the rest were taken in Howth Village.
This weekend, Emily Jarvis and I are going to Belfast to visit Emily Alvarado. I have never been to Northern Ireland before, and I am really looking forward to it. I am reading a wonderful book about the Troubles that was recommended to me by a friend, called Belfast Diary: War as a Way of Life. It's by an American journalist, John Conroy, who lived in West Belfast in the early 1980's and really got to know the whole situation. I am looking forward to seeing where all the events took place. It's an exciting time in Northern Ireland right now, with all the progress they've been making, and it'll be great to have Emily to show us around.
Tonight my roommates and I are going to see The Bourne Ultimatum. Very exciting. It seems women all over the world love Matt Damon.
4 comments:
Titto,
I am glad you had such a GOOD TIME with Bill and Ellen. I know they enjoyed seeing you.
I wrote to the governor of TX but I think it is hopeless. I'm sorry.
I wish things could change unfortunately this guy is not a poster boy for flexibility.
The pictures of Ireland are wonderful. I think your visual record of your trip is great.
Dad
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Never hire an Irish stone mason. Their abbeys ain't got no roofs!What's the point of hanging on to a pile of rocks if you isn't gonna store goods and such?
James sounds dreamy. I bet the paperback book in his corduroy jacket was written by a brilliant feminist. Either that or it's a 'how to' book, like, "How to Look Slick with Paperback Books and Corduroy Jackets".
Alright. I sent a letter to the gov. on behalf of Kenneth Foster. I didn't like the pre-fabricated one -too radical sounding so I wrote my own.
I tried to paste it here to impress you with my ability to talk man to man with Texas Governors, but it won't paste. Oh well. Suffice it to say that my three years living in Texas and my attentiveness in Crim law paid off in an eloquent, yet drinking-buddy-toned appeal.
G
Post a Comment