Here are some more pics from Cuernavaca! When we arrived in Cuernavaca, we immediately got lost. My guidebook notes that Cuernavaca is a notoriously difficult city to navigate, with streets that change names, stop in one place and start up again somewhere else. I thought I knew where we had to go to get to our hostel, but sure enough, we got onto a street that I thought was on my map which then abruptly changed names into something I didn't recognize and I wasn't sure where we were. After driving for awhile, we decided to stop and ask for directions, and we saw a small group of men and women wearing matching shirts and thought they would be a good group to ask. One of the men came over to the car, showed me where we were on the map, and gave us good directions. We thanked him and drove on. Local elections are taking place in Mexico on July 5, so there are political posters everywhere. A few blocks after we received directions, we saw a poster for the man we had just spoken to! He is running with the conservative "PAN" party, so Sergio made a joke about that, and I took a picture of his poster. Below that are pictures of the beautiful lunch we ate on the plaza, across from the Palacio Cortes; the gazebo designed by Gustave Eiffel, and Sergio at the Museo Robert Brady.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
More Cuernavaca Pictures
Here are some more pics from Cuernavaca! When we arrived in Cuernavaca, we immediately got lost. My guidebook notes that Cuernavaca is a notoriously difficult city to navigate, with streets that change names, stop in one place and start up again somewhere else. I thought I knew where we had to go to get to our hostel, but sure enough, we got onto a street that I thought was on my map which then abruptly changed names into something I didn't recognize and I wasn't sure where we were. After driving for awhile, we decided to stop and ask for directions, and we saw a small group of men and women wearing matching shirts and thought they would be a good group to ask. One of the men came over to the car, showed me where we were on the map, and gave us good directions. We thanked him and drove on. Local elections are taking place in Mexico on July 5, so there are political posters everywhere. A few blocks after we received directions, we saw a poster for the man we had just spoken to! He is running with the conservative "PAN" party, so Sergio made a joke about that, and I took a picture of his poster. Below that are pictures of the beautiful lunch we ate on the plaza, across from the Palacio Cortes; the gazebo designed by Gustave Eiffel, and Sergio at the Museo Robert Brady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment