Monday, September 17, 2007

Journey


Our last day in Sarajevo was amazing. I can't wait to write all about it, but I definitely can't do it justice right now. This morning, we were up at 5 to catch a 12 hour train to Budapest. The Lonely Planet guide alleges that there is an overnight train, but that is not the case, so we had to waste one day roasting in an old train to complete our journey. We went just a little bit stir crazy, but at least we had packed plenty of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and were both reading good books. We arrived in Budapest a little sweaty and exhausted, but our hostel is adorable, and we went out to dinner with a fellow traveller, James from Bournemouth, and heard about his ordeal trying to get from Poland to Lviv, and then here, and realized that we had had it pretty easy (although his makes a really good story!). We are excited about spending the next few days here, there's a lot to see, but we are concerned that nothing will live up to the wonderful surprise that was Bosnia. I am going to bed now, but I will write more soon.

No comments: